Strike Position Observation Trend (SPOT)
SPOT is designed to cover small, circular areas. The purpose is to provide explorers with the equivalent of a well log with maps and volumes surrounding a specific point, defined by latitude and longitude. The radius analyzed is related to the project objectives. Deliverables include:
- Maps of the following lightning attributes: Density, Rise-time, Peak current, Peak-to Zero, Symmetry.
- Data Cleaning Report
- Apparent Resistivity and Apparent Permittivity volumes over the study area
- SEG-Y or ASCII voxel data for loading to geologic or geophysical interpretation workstations
After a four-mile radius, the Dynamic Natural Source Electromagnetic Method (D.NSEMSM) product is more cost effective.
D.NESM is designed to cover rectangular areas above 50 square miles. It is a product that can be used in a number of different ways.
- Reconnaissance of large areas – from 50 to 50,000 square miles. Or more.
- Connecting 2D- or 3D-seismic surveys that are separated by several miles.
- Analyzing areas where permitting is difficult or other methods are not economically feasible – urban or mountainous areas for example.
- Identifying possible faults prior to beginning infrastructure projects.
Deliverables are defined by project, given the relatively large areas covered and the range of applications.
Integrated Current provides a quantitative measure of the potential lightning damage over a period of time. Dynamic Measurement has learned that while most locations are rarely if ever struck by lightning, a few are struck repeatedly. Analysis of past lightning strikes can identify these locations. Such locations are at high risk for future lightning strikes. Knowing the potential for strikes allows for efficient facilities planning and allocation of protective resources.
Dynamic Measurement will integrate your geologic and geophysical data with lightning data and provide interpretation. Do you have seismic surveys separated by several miles and want to know what lies between? Let Dynamic Measurement show you. These services are provided on a project-by-project basis.